This bag is a celebration of good leatherwork, design integrity, utility, disipline, uncomprising quality and value.
The Bag was initially designed over 40 years ago by ALAN WARNER, an ex-kiwi based in Sydney. Inspired by Spanish bags of the 1960s. It has subsequently been made (in various qualities) by probably half a dozen Australian makers. “Half-arsed” copies have also been made throughout Asia and Europe.
The Swaggy Bag made by Mark Honoré has been made with respect to Alan’s
initial design disciplines, featuring:
- Full grain cowhide nappa leather (black), calfskin leather lining (natural)
- Double stitched seams, included french bound flap
- Vegetable tanned cowhide trim at the stress points
- One piece shoulder strap
- Solid brass fittings…buckles, dees, inter-screws
- Steel rivets
- Zippers YKK brass (made to size).
- Four compartments, Brass fittings, Leather lined, Veg-tanned trim.
- A small opening, will fit an iPad, but not a laptop !
Look after this bag, and it should be good for 15-20 years.
“It’s all curves, it has a timeless nature to it”.
Warning bag weight empty 1.25kg.
The Swaggy Bag takes a long time to make, and sometimes is not available within our range.
Full grain cowhide nappa leather (black), calfskin leather lining (natural)
Zippers: YKK brass (made to size).
Buckles, dees, inter-screws: Solid brass
Thread: M20 Nylon bonded (UV stable, rot proof)
Width (widest): 285mm
Depth (at base): 180mm